Area Map for Pick-up
There will be no recycling collection on the following holidays: NEW YEAR’S DAY; MEMORIAL DAY; INDEPENDENCE DAY; LABOR DAY; THANKSGIVING; and CHRISTMAS.
Twice the normal quantity will be collected on the next pickup day
Rules for Recycling
Recycling is good for our environment. However, it must be done carefully to be effective. Not everything is recyclable. When non-recyclable or dirty items are picked-up and added to the recycling load in a truck, the entire load may get rejected at the Rockland County Solid Waste Facility and end up as garbage.
New recycling bins are available at Town Hall in the office of the Department of Environmental Control. Please call 845.639.2111 to be sure the bins are in stock.
• Place recycling in approved containers only.
• The blue container is for paper, books, junk-mail, etc.
• The green container is for plastic, glass, and cans.
• All recycling containers must be placed at the curb the night before pick–up.
• Do not use cardboard boxes, paper or plastic bags as containers for other recyclables.
• Keep paper and food containers separated.
• Empty and rinse food containers.
• Save space; flatten larger items.
• Cardboard must be cut no larger than 3 feet x 3 feet, tied, and placed next to the recycling bins for collection.
• Remove empty containers from the curb after collection.
Unacceptable for Recycling
- Unacceptable Paper Items: soiled paper, wax-coated paper, paper cups, tissues, napkins, paper towels, paper items with layers of plastic or foil, hard-covered books
- Unacceptable Cookware: pots, pans, bowls, utensils, or other cookware, ceramic, and china dinnerware
- Unacceptable Miscellaneous: containers that held hazardous materials such as oil, antifreeze, pool or yard chemicals, spackle, paint, etc., plastic bags, appliances, textiles, Styrofoam materials, plastic or metal hangers acceptable recycling items
Acceptable for Recycling
• Newspapers with inserts
• Office paper, notebook paper, construction paper, ledger paper, and envelopes
• Computer paper, fax paper, and photocopy paper
• Junk mail with envelopes and coupons
• Glossy magazines and catalogs
• Soft-covered workbooks, telephone books, and paperback books
• Smooth and corrugated cardboard
• Brown grocery bags
• Shredded papers in paper bags only (Do not put shredded paper in plastic bags.)
• Green, clear, and brown glass bottles and jars
• Aluminum cans, aluminum foil, and other disposable aluminum products
• Metal cans and aerosol cans
• Plastic food and beverage containers with recycling codes 1 through 7
• Recycling bins marked for recycling pick up
• Keep paper and food containers separated. Cardboard boxes, flattened, not larger than 3' square, tied (please use cotton twine) into a separate bundle. Do not use cardboard boxes, paper or plastic bags as containers for other recyclables. Empty and rinse food containers. DO not recycle containers for motor oil, auto anti-freeze etc.
• Save space! Flatten larger items.
For additional information please visit, http://www.rocklandrecycles.com/